Who we are.
The International Kalamata Music Days is a classical music festival taking place annually in Kalamata, southern Greece.
The festival is organised by the Municipal Conservatory of Kalamata and the PHARIS – Kalamata Municipality Beneficiary Organisation and was founded by cellist Indira Rahmatulla, who serves as the Artistic Director, composer Stathis Giftakis and cellist Dimitris Lampos.
Since its launch in the summer of 2017, the festival has established an international profile, by focusing on promotion of artistic expression and providing support of pedagogical work and music education.
- To promote music pedagogy and education through international masterclasses, seminars and workshops;
- To organize high-calibre and inspirational concerts and events;
- To enhance Kalamata’s music education initiatives;
- To create opportunities for international artistic exchange;
- To support local musicians and existing programmes;
- To feature emerging artists and ensembles through various performance opportunities;
- To facilitate communication and collaboration among Greek and international artists;
- To encourage collaborative projects that combine music with performing or visual arts;
- To promote and advocate for the social importance of arts and artists;
- To encourage and facilitate the advancement of music and cultural education of the community at large.
The International Kalamata Music Days was created as a response to the remarkable musical development in the region in the last decade.The vision of the festival is to continue this enhancement through education and international artistic exchange.